BECAUZ is privileged to work with some of the world’s strongest companies, led by some of the world’s strongest leaders. There’s no end of leadership lessons to be learned from these powerhouses and the leaders I meet every day (not to mention lessons from my own personal leadership school of hard knocks…)
Here are the top leadership lessons I’ve learned (in no particular order.) I work to reflect these in leading BECAUZ and in my daily life:
- Leadership is an inside-out process. Know what you stand for and what you won’t stand for.
- Be grounded in your commitment to people and the human spirit. Invest in relationships before you need them.
- Be a “servant leader.” Be of service to your people, your community and your family.
- Model both leadership and followership. Delegate and support other people’s success.
- Inspire people to bring their best and to blossom. Then celebrate all wins.
- Be a lifelong learner! Push the edge of your capabilities. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Seek big challenges and problems that force you to adapt..
- Immerse yourself in cultures and human dynamics. Be curious.
- Practice confidence and humility. Don’t be afraid to say “I don’t know” or “I messed up.”
- Pursue 100% accountability and take ownership. Own your results. It’s the acid test of your leadership impact.